Skip to main content

A Heavenly Mandate

Have you ever had a day that your confidence felt so tried that you just wanted to throw in the towel? I must admit that I have had several of those days in the past couple of months. On the days that Tyler has thrown a temper for the 5th time and Katy has cried for hours without end, I ask myself if I am really cut out for the task at hand. Am I really equipped to raise these two kids with patience, humility, love, and discernment? I have always heard that God will not give you more than you can handle, but, at times I think that God thinks more of me than I do. I am in the middle of a ladies bible study at our church and we are reading a book called, Raising Children without Going Insane. I would definitely recommend it to every mom reading this entry. It is chock full of Godly wisdom for every stage of being a mom. One of the chapters we read last week was about our confidence as moms, and I would love to share a little morsel of insight with you.

The author, Jane Evans, says, "So, Mom, don't ever think you don't have what it takes. Don't be tempted to give up. Your children have seeds of greatness placed within them, planted by God before the foundations of the world were laid. He chose you to water nurture, and bring them to light...it's your mandate from God. If ever there was a reason to be confident as a parent it is this: God knows you've got what it takes! So don't allow the challenges of parenthood to undermine your confidence."

I stand with confidence in the face of the enemy, knowing full well that God has given me the tools and resources to raise the precious cargo He has entrusted into my care. So stand firm, sisters...on the days you feel weary and challenged, know that you have a heavenly mandate, and YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES!!

Comments

Melanie said…
gonna have to print this post, frame it and hang it around every corner of my house for the days that are coming! thank you for sharing the truth jam!
Momma Tilly said…
Ok, this is really a good one. Man did I need that.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello My Name is Jamie- Part 4

The day that I made the decision to sit down and begin my moral inventory, will forever be etched into my heart. It was a cold and dreary winter day, much like the state of my spirit. In all honesty, I was DREADING the task at hand. Who in their right mind would want to make an account of every painful memory from the past as well as every sin committed against others?!?! As I sat down at a Starbucks with my favorite flavored coffee beverage in hand, I began praying Psalm 129:23, “Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover…if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” I knew that there was pain from my childhood buried so deep that only He would have the power to bring to the surfaces. For so long, I had masked and/or stuffed the wounds in my life, rather than allowing Him to heal them. Within minutes of my prayer, the memories came pouring down like the rain I could hear outside. Just a little side-note, if you ever decide to take a painful j...

Can you say Chipmunk??

Here is my sweet little girl...yes she is storing away food for the remainder of winter. The child did not have a chance...she was bound to have chubby cheeks with Blake and I as her parents. But, I love her round little face. I haven't been able to catch a pic of her smiling yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

Katy Elizabeth makes her Debut!!

Ok...so for those of you who are not interested in silly home videos documenting how adorable my kids are, this post is not for you! But, I just had to get some footage of my beautiful baby girl today to share with my friends and family who are out of town. Enjoy! Oh and please forgive the silly mommy noises in the background. :)