Skip to main content

Norman Rockwell

This picture reminds me of something captured in a Norman Rockwell photo of days gone by. Blake spent this particular morning at the lake teaching Tyler how to "sish". The rest of the day was spent out on the dock trying to catch the big one! As I was standing in the kitchen looking through the window at what was left of one of the most incredible sunsets at Possum Kingdom, this is what I saw. My precious 3 year old patiently waiting for dinner to arrive on his hook and his dog Kendall laying close enough by to rescue him if need be. This will be a cherished memory tucked away in my heart forever. Life passes us by so quickly and watching my little one fishing remided me to slow down and enjoy these sweet moments as often as possible.

Oh and unfortunately, the BIG ONE got away. Better luck next time little T!

Comments

Evan said…
It's amazing what a picture can do to your senses. The moment I saw this picture my body fell into total relaxation...I miss PK. I'm excited Tyler is learning how to "sish", and I'm glad he has a good dad that's a pro at that kind of stuff. Tell them both I said good luck on the sishing.
Andi Hawkins said…
Oh how cute. I love it. What a beautiful moment to capture -- in the picture and the words. Love you!
Shelby said…
to precious for words! i seem to have lots of those moments at the lake, it just makes you slow down and have fun.
Melanie said…
I pray that image will be permanently etched in your mind for any time that the situation begs for you to remember what he was like as a little 3 year old...and the innocence of his days, and that little boy will always be inside him. Glad that you guys got to get away from the madness for a bit and clear your minds!
Andi Hawkins said…
LOVE the new look. Great Job!!
Amelia said…
I love those moments...especially when they're caught on film! Can't wait till Tad is teaching Gray how to "sish" too! :)
Katy said…
I thought you might enjoy this story that we did on a Florida woman who's family served as models for Normal Rockwell.

Enjoy!

http://growingbolder.com/media/Entertainment/Arts/The-Faces-That-Made-Norman-Rockwell-140764.html

Katy Widrick
Executive Producer, GrowingBolder.com

Popular posts from this blog

Hello My Name is Jamie- Part 4

The day that I made the decision to sit down and begin my moral inventory, will forever be etched into my heart. It was a cold and dreary winter day, much like the state of my spirit. In all honesty, I was DREADING the task at hand. Who in their right mind would want to make an account of every painful memory from the past as well as every sin committed against others?!?! As I sat down at a Starbucks with my favorite flavored coffee beverage in hand, I began praying Psalm 129:23, “Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover…if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” I knew that there was pain from my childhood buried so deep that only He would have the power to bring to the surfaces. For so long, I had masked and/or stuffed the wounds in my life, rather than allowing Him to heal them. Within minutes of my prayer, the memories came pouring down like the rain I could hear outside. Just a little side-note, if you ever decide to take a painful j...

Can you say Chipmunk??

Here is my sweet little girl...yes she is storing away food for the remainder of winter. The child did not have a chance...she was bound to have chubby cheeks with Blake and I as her parents. But, I love her round little face. I haven't been able to catch a pic of her smiling yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

Katy Elizabeth makes her Debut!!

Ok...so for those of you who are not interested in silly home videos documenting how adorable my kids are, this post is not for you! But, I just had to get some footage of my beautiful baby girl today to share with my friends and family who are out of town. Enjoy! Oh and please forgive the silly mommy noises in the background. :)