Skip to main content

My First Race...it will be a WILD One!!

Ok, so one of my goals for this year is to get back into running and in order to accomplish that goal I want to run as many races as possible and a couple of 1/2 marathons. I have been running around my neighborhood track(the streets) several times a week and I am feeling ready to take a go at my first road race. I am really stoked about it! I will be running the Fort Worth Zoo Run Run on April 19th. Are you ready for the daunting task of how long this race is?? A whole 5K(that's 3.2 miles for you non-runners). Ok, so it's not the biggest feat in the world, but I am starting small. After all, you eat an elephant one bit at a time, right? So, I would love to have some peeps to run with me. At the moment I know that my sweet friend Katy Ward is going to run(although she may ditch me for the 10K), and I have several other recruits I am working on. So, let me know if you want to jump on board. It will be a FUN race, and as a bonus you get free passes to the zoo, can't beat that!!

Comments

mcgintys said…
Good for you James! How fun is that. I need to start running. I have never been able to do it! I'm proud of you!!!
Evan said…
You eat elephants?? I wouldn't admit that to anyone, you could get in trouble. Good luck with the race, it sounds fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello My Name is Jamie- Part 4

The day that I made the decision to sit down and begin my moral inventory, will forever be etched into my heart. It was a cold and dreary winter day, much like the state of my spirit. In all honesty, I was DREADING the task at hand. Who in their right mind would want to make an account of every painful memory from the past as well as every sin committed against others?!?! As I sat down at a Starbucks with my favorite flavored coffee beverage in hand, I began praying Psalm 129:23, “Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover…if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” I knew that there was pain from my childhood buried so deep that only He would have the power to bring to the surfaces. For so long, I had masked and/or stuffed the wounds in my life, rather than allowing Him to heal them. Within minutes of my prayer, the memories came pouring down like the rain I could hear outside. Just a little side-note, if you ever decide to take a painful j...

Can you say Chipmunk??

Here is my sweet little girl...yes she is storing away food for the remainder of winter. The child did not have a chance...she was bound to have chubby cheeks with Blake and I as her parents. But, I love her round little face. I haven't been able to catch a pic of her smiling yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

Katy Elizabeth makes her Debut!!

Ok...so for those of you who are not interested in silly home videos documenting how adorable my kids are, this post is not for you! But, I just had to get some footage of my beautiful baby girl today to share with my friends and family who are out of town. Enjoy! Oh and please forgive the silly mommy noises in the background. :)