Skip to main content

In Jesus' Love

Praying with Tyler has become the highlight of my evenings. Each night, as part of his bedtime routine, we take a few moments to thank God for the things we are thankful for. The past couple of weeks, a few moments have turned into about 5 minutes. It's so great to see that he already gets having a heart of thanksgiving and gratitude for the things the Lord has blessed us with. He thanks God for a wide variety of things including: daddy and mommy, and baby Katy, and Kendall and Kona, and trucks(surprise!), and church, and Toby, and Davis, and our house, and Tyler, and trees, and cars, and mommy and daddy(we usually repeat things a few times). So you get the jist of the way his prayers go. My favorite thing about his prayers is the way he ends them. After he has finished thanking God for EVERYTHING under the sun, he concludes by saying, "In Jesus' Love, Amen". I haven't corrected him, because I was blown away by the insight of a 3 year old. It's like he realizes that the reason that we have so much to be thankful for is because of Jesus' love for us! And he understands that he is wrapped and taken care of in Christ's love for him. So, in our home we don't say "In Jesus' name" anymore. We are following the lead of our son.

Comments

Anonymous said…
how beautiful! these are moments that i so look forward to... i think maybe i'll start saying that too!!
Andi Hawkins said…
How precious. Your little boy is a total sweetheart. Love ya -- I had a great time today.
Evan said…
Aww. That brought a tear to my eye.
Momma Tilly said…
Love this one. How precious! Hope you are doing well with the new little one. See you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello My Name is Jamie- Part 4

The day that I made the decision to sit down and begin my moral inventory, will forever be etched into my heart. It was a cold and dreary winter day, much like the state of my spirit. In all honesty, I was DREADING the task at hand. Who in their right mind would want to make an account of every painful memory from the past as well as every sin committed against others?!?! As I sat down at a Starbucks with my favorite flavored coffee beverage in hand, I began praying Psalm 129:23, “Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover…if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” I knew that there was pain from my childhood buried so deep that only He would have the power to bring to the surfaces. For so long, I had masked and/or stuffed the wounds in my life, rather than allowing Him to heal them. Within minutes of my prayer, the memories came pouring down like the rain I could hear outside. Just a little side-note, if you ever decide to take a painful j...

Can you say Chipmunk??

Here is my sweet little girl...yes she is storing away food for the remainder of winter. The child did not have a chance...she was bound to have chubby cheeks with Blake and I as her parents. But, I love her round little face. I haven't been able to catch a pic of her smiling yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

Katy Elizabeth makes her Debut!!

Ok...so for those of you who are not interested in silly home videos documenting how adorable my kids are, this post is not for you! But, I just had to get some footage of my beautiful baby girl today to share with my friends and family who are out of town. Enjoy! Oh and please forgive the silly mommy noises in the background. :)