Skip to main content

The Music is Gonna Get You!

Music is such a huge part of my life. My mom has always said that I started singing before I was talking. God speaks to me through music. Music relaxes me. Music connects me to so many emotions. MUSIC MOTIVATES ME!!

When I go out for a long run, I get my running mix set on my ipod. I have a wide variety of artists and songs in my special mix but the common denominator is that every single one motivates me for one reason or another.

A few songs from my running mix that never fail to keep my feet moving:
1. Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
2. Break Away- Kelly Clarkson
3. Vultures- John Mayer
4. Hero- Foo Fighters
5. Marvelous Light
6. Voice of Truth- Casting Crowns
7. Meant to Live- Switchfoot
8. I Need a Hero- Frou Frou
9. Belief- John Mayer

What songs motivate you? I am so thankful for the gift of music! It's such a beautiful way for people to express themselves and to make an imprint on the world around them!

More posts to come on the amazing journey the Lord is leading me through later this week! :)

Comments

Andi Hawkins said…
Good play list!! I love running to Lose Yourself by Eminem. Good stuff.
Anonymous said…
when i worked out regularly, which sadly, is not so recent ... i would put on the entire soundtrack to Rent ... beginning to end!

great playlist! i'm inspired and i'm just sitting in bed :)
The McGintys said…
Ok so I am a cheesy 80's dork and "Walking on Sunshine" always pumps me up It's like your body automatically starts bouncing!!! Miss you and will call you soon! I'm feeling much better thanks to some meds. Love you!
Sallie said…
I used to run to Black Eyed Peas, but I clean to Jason Mraz

Popular posts from this blog

Hello My Name is Jamie- Part 4

The day that I made the decision to sit down and begin my moral inventory, will forever be etched into my heart. It was a cold and dreary winter day, much like the state of my spirit. In all honesty, I was DREADING the task at hand. Who in their right mind would want to make an account of every painful memory from the past as well as every sin committed against others?!?! As I sat down at a Starbucks with my favorite flavored coffee beverage in hand, I began praying Psalm 129:23, “Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover…if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” I knew that there was pain from my childhood buried so deep that only He would have the power to bring to the surfaces. For so long, I had masked and/or stuffed the wounds in my life, rather than allowing Him to heal them. Within minutes of my prayer, the memories came pouring down like the rain I could hear outside. Just a little side-note, if you ever decide to take a painful j...

Can you say Chipmunk??

Here is my sweet little girl...yes she is storing away food for the remainder of winter. The child did not have a chance...she was bound to have chubby cheeks with Blake and I as her parents. But, I love her round little face. I haven't been able to catch a pic of her smiling yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

Katy Elizabeth makes her Debut!!

Ok...so for those of you who are not interested in silly home videos documenting how adorable my kids are, this post is not for you! But, I just had to get some footage of my beautiful baby girl today to share with my friends and family who are out of town. Enjoy! Oh and please forgive the silly mommy noises in the background. :)