Skip to main content

My Next Race will be Coming up Roses!!

It's been a long while since I have posted anything on the status of my running! I first want to say that I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with 2 amazing running partners(love you Rebekah and Michele) that help to keep me on track with my weekly mileage and SO much more.

I have decided and committed that my first half-marathon will be the Dallas White Rock on Sunday, December 14th. That's 13.1 miles and the longest race I will have ever run. It's exciting for me because this will be the 10 year anniversary of when Blake ran the White Rock marathon! I know for sure that I will be running this race with my mentor and friend, Michele and would love anyone else to tag along for a day of testing and endurance with me.

Before the White Rock is the next race I will be running, coming up on Saturday, September 20th. I am super excited about this race because I have heard so many great things about it. It is called the Tour des Fleurs and the 10K course is thru the Dallas Arboretum!! So, this race, instead of smelling animal poo like I did running the Ft Worth Zoo Run Run, I will be able to smell and see all of the beautiful flowers the Arboretum boasts!! I would love to have a few buddies to run this race with so let me know if you are interested.

Running has been such a positive force in my life these past few months. The Lord is teaching me so much about my need for spiritual training in the midst of the physical training I am doing in order to run the races I am setting out for with strength and endurance. He is showing me that I will never be able to be free of the chains that so easily entangle me if I'm not willing to do what it takes daily to move closer towards Him and a life FREE from sin. I have found pure JOY in the physical pain of my long runs because it is a symbol of the pain in my heart and soul as God's grace continues to refine me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Jamie! You go girl! What a cute blog you have.... I don't know why I can't get one! I don't have an "add page element" tab, only "add a gadget" tab. Oh well.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted on how the September race comes along. How fun!

I'm so glad you are working at Denton now!
Beka Bullard said…
You keep me motivated and I agree with all of the above!!
Andi Hawkins said…
Jamie I love your spiritual referneces to running. Very cool. Why is running such a deeply emotional experience? I am so proud of you for getting back out there after having a baby. Most people don't and are missing all the good stuff!!! Love you tons.
robin jones :) said…
OKAY ... HOW CUTE is your blog!?!?!??!?!?!?! :) when did you change it?!?! now i'm really thinkin' i need one (that is, if you'll show me how i can get one this cute)!!!!!! :)

i'm soooo proud of you Ms. Jamie! you're sooooo inspiring!!!!
(SMILE)

Popular posts from this blog

Hello My Name is Jamie- Part 4

The day that I made the decision to sit down and begin my moral inventory, will forever be etched into my heart. It was a cold and dreary winter day, much like the state of my spirit. In all honesty, I was DREADING the task at hand. Who in their right mind would want to make an account of every painful memory from the past as well as every sin committed against others?!?! As I sat down at a Starbucks with my favorite flavored coffee beverage in hand, I began praying Psalm 129:23, “Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover…if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way.” I knew that there was pain from my childhood buried so deep that only He would have the power to bring to the surfaces. For so long, I had masked and/or stuffed the wounds in my life, rather than allowing Him to heal them. Within minutes of my prayer, the memories came pouring down like the rain I could hear outside. Just a little side-note, if you ever decide to take a painful j...

Can you say Chipmunk??

Here is my sweet little girl...yes she is storing away food for the remainder of winter. The child did not have a chance...she was bound to have chubby cheeks with Blake and I as her parents. But, I love her round little face. I haven't been able to catch a pic of her smiling yet, but I will post one as soon as I do.

Katy Elizabeth makes her Debut!!

Ok...so for those of you who are not interested in silly home videos documenting how adorable my kids are, this post is not for you! But, I just had to get some footage of my beautiful baby girl today to share with my friends and family who are out of town. Enjoy! Oh and please forgive the silly mommy noises in the background. :)